Why the White Desert in Egypt should be in your travel bucket list?
While visiting Egypt, people often tend to visit the generic places. However, if you really want to experience the beauty of Egypt, it’s to go off the beaten track and into the West Desert or the White Desert in Egypt.
The landscape is like nothing like you’ve seen before. Given in the blog below are some of the practical reasons why you should visit the West Desert as part of your Egypt luxury holidays package.
- You will be immersed in a real, off the beaten track, adventure. From Karnak in Luxor, to the Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, to Philae in Aswan and Abu Simbel, there are so many things to discover! But, when you are driving into the desert, that is where the real adventure begins.
- Your camp will be set up for you each day. The Jeep you travel in with Western Desert Tours is your means of transport, your bed room and source of food for the day. Everything you need for the adventure is packed in or on top of that Jeep. Each lunch and evening time, the guides will set up an open tent with three sides. One side will be the Jeep and the other two will be a bedouin style camp. There will be mats on the floor, a table to eat on, a kitchen area set up, mattresses, blankets and pillows for sleeping.
- The tour operators concentrate on sustainable tourism in the West Desert. All water is recycled, rubbish taken with them and they leave only footprints as a trace. One of the main ways of doing this is to not leave any materials in the desert, paper, metals or plastic due to slow decomposition.
- You can hike up to the Black Desert. The Black Desert is one of the surreal landscapes with golden brown peaks that looked like they had been dusted with dark chocolate! It was no less mesmerizing.
- You will sleep underneath the stars. There are no hotels in the White Desert in Egypt, so your bedroom will be on top of the Jeep and set up each evening. There will be wind guards, mattresses, a thick camel blanket and a pillow if you would like it.
- The best part is you can sand board on the Small Sand Sea. This is the dunes area of the West Desert where you can see waves of sands that stretch on for miles! The patterns in the sand change overnight, especially when there is a sandstorm afoot, so no two visits will ever be the same.
- The highlight of the tour had to be your stopover in the White Desert for the night. This whole desert used to be submerged under the sea, so the white rock is like salt formations. Amazingly, you can still find the shells and shark teeth embedded in some of the white rock.
The White Desert tour can be one of the best experiences of your life! If you want to see the beauty of nature in Egypt, make sure to contact one of the popular tour operators t book Egypt tour packages for a luxury holiday!